San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Off the Edge closing?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jan 30th, 2016 06:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Interesting concept with the craft beers, just wonder if folks will pay more.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jan 30th, 2016 11:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
aloha

Mana: 
I know its comparing apples to oranges,but the wine flows freely at rubys/shots. the spendy ones and the cheaper ones. so I wonder...

Posted: Sat Jan 30th, 2016 12:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
Hammerhead's sells quality micro brew from Mx. Seems to sell well.

Posted: Sat Jan 30th, 2016 12:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
aloha

Mana: 
true that..hammerheads does a great business w/ their brews. i believe in a quality product,regardless if its foor or drink. i wish them success. it will be a fun educational experience for all,as i am sure they will have 'samplings' haha

Posted: Sat Jan 30th, 2016 05:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
stephdc66

Mana: 
A really great pork tenderloin sandwich would be awesome! There are a fare amount of Hoosiers here because of BAE and Rolls Royce in Guaymas  among others.

Posted: Sun Jan 31st, 2016 12:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Tell me about your vision/version of a pork tenderloin sandwich. How is it cooked? Does it have sauce? What else is on it and what type of bread/bun?

I assume this is different than a pulled pork sandwich?

Hoosiers, huh? Go 'Heels !!! March Madness getting closer!!!

Posted: Tue Feb 2nd, 2016 11:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
stephdc66

Mana: 
Parrot heads is correct about the tenderloin and not exaggerating the 8 to 12 inch diameter!! I prefer mustard, lettuce and lots of pickles!

Posted: Wed Feb 3rd, 2016 06:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Grew up with them in Iowa too.  Might be a winner, they are addictive.
So when is The Edge set to reopen?  Restaurants are a tough business in SC with so many choices in such a small town and very seasonal if you are going to have a menu appealing to Norteamericanos. 

Attached Image (viewed 391 times):

Capture.JPG

Posted: Fri Feb 5th, 2016 05:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Yeah, seasonal for sure! Summer of course is best especially on week-ends. Fall, after the kids go back to school and after the September patriotic holidays is worst with a little boost for Xmas & New Year's. Things pick up a bit after mid January with some "snowbird" business (like now), but summer vacation is when the hotels and restaurants thrive.

Posted: Fri Feb 5th, 2016 12:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Very interesting Richard. It sounds like restaurant survival depends mostly on Mexican tourism and much less on the Anglo community. I'm also hearing that a large part of real estate sales now comes from the Mexican population and not Anglos. True??

Posted: Sat Feb 6th, 2016 06:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Real estate sales are mixed. Listed prices remain high in light of real demand. There has been sales activity at both the waterfront/view end of the spectrum and the low end. It all comes down to willing sellers and willing (and informed) buyers. 

Posted: Sun Feb 14th, 2016 03:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
happy camper

Mana: 
captgriff wrote: Try to find ANY beer ingredients, anywhere, that are not GMO, including here in Mexico. The whole anti-GMO thing is a crock..
You are free to enjoy your GMO beer than, but i will not  for sure . ;)

Posted: Sun Feb 28th, 2016 01:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
What's the latest news on anticipated start date for the new restaurant?
Anyone know the new name?
Any news on the food menu?

thanks,

Posted: Sun Feb 28th, 2016 02:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Hook

Mana: 
More will be made public next week, Marigot, although I dont know about a hard and fast menu, just yet.

But opening night is scheduled to be St. Paddy's Day, March 17th. Barring an unforeseen obstacle, that should hold.

Interior re-decorating has begun, including painting. New light fixtures go in next week to brighten the place up. The wood-fired pizza oven is half completed. Look for the outside to be painted next week. It's possible the new signs with the new name will also go up the end of next week. Rather than reveal the name, just keep watching the building, when you drive by.

Many more details will come out soon in a prominent weekly newsletter.

Last edited on Sun Feb 28th, 2016 02:12 am by Hook

Posted: Sun Feb 28th, 2016 01:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
captgriff

Mana: 
We're looking forward to it!

Current time is 01:14 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Off the Edge closing? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems