San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Real estate purchase  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Dec 13th, 2015 10:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
bombero

Mana: 
Aloha, I wrote: "Richard and Long Time Res, are the only two posters, that I know, posting on this thread that are/have been involved, in San Carlos Real Estate"

You wrote :"bombero~we do not know each other,nor do you know what my experience with buying/selling real estate has been, except for what I have shared above. so to say that there are only 2 people posting that have a clue is a little presumptuous and insulting on your part"

You may not need my help in house hunting, but you could use some help in "comprehension", perhaps studies of the English language and interpretation.

........and yes, you do not know me, but if I ever feel the need to have grumpy friend......I'll look you up.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Dec 13th, 2015 11:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
aloha

Mana: 
haha perpective y igualmente!

Last edited on Mon Dec 14th, 2015 12:20 am by aloha

Posted: Sun Dec 13th, 2015 11:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
bombero

Mana: 
Forgive me aloha, I left out spelling "perpective", and with that there is nothing more I can help you with, so I'm out..

Posted: Mon Dec 14th, 2015 12:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
aloha

Mana: 
regardless of the typo,you got the point...

Posted: Mon Dec 14th, 2015 03:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Seems to me that School Teacher Bombero is more interested in correcting and criticizing spelling and grammar than what the poster means. Get over it Professor.

Last edited on Mon Dec 14th, 2015 03:47 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Mon Dec 14th, 2015 04:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
bombero

Mana: 
Jimmy, sure sorry that is the way you perceived my posts. I would rather be a learner, than a teacher in many cases. And this is one of them. Thanks for making me aware of this.

Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2015 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
The information in the Remax Letter, is accurate. They give you the sales for the quarter, and the prices paid. They can not make up the numbers. The banking laws have made it very difficult to lie anymore. There has to be proof of all moneys spent. Bombero, you have lived here for over three decades, and have a good knowledge of how things go in San Carlos. I respect you opinion.
Bullshipper, if a property is listed with a real estate company in San Carlos, then there is an escritura in the listing agents possession. Otherwise, there would be no listing. It is required. Also, the agents make sure that it is the current escirtuura on the property at the registro publico. No guessing work there. They also make sure that there are no leans not he property that they are listing.

Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2015 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: The information in the Remax Letter, is accurate. They give you the sales for the quarter, and the prices paid. They can not make up the numbers. The banking laws have made it very difficult to lie anymore. There has to be proof of all moneys spent. Bombero, you have lived here for over three decades, and have a good knowledge of how things go in San Carlos. I respect you opinion.
Bullshipper, if a property is listed with a real estate company in San Carlos, then there is an escritura in the listing agents possession. Otherwise, there would be no listing. It is required. Also, the agents make sure that it is the current escirtuura on the property at the registro publico. No guessing work there. They also make sure that there are no leans not he property that they are listing.

This was not the case in 2 of the 4 properties I wanted to make offers on. On the Solimar condo I did buy, I found out a week before closing that the seller did not have escrituras or a bank trust in his name. Everything was still in the previous owners name, and that person had passed away, leaving a power of attorney. The power of attorney sent to me was not complete, etc, etc, so I would disagree with your comments due to 1st hand recent experience.
If I was not a Mexican citizen, and did not have a very competent notary, the deal would have been impossible to close, and the real estate agent did not "mention" this for months.

Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2015 05:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Bullshipper, yours is most definitely a case that illustrates my main underlying point: Use an experienced,competent and bilingual broker with a clean and proven track record where every buying client has gotten their trust or deed and none have lost a single peso! And yes, there are a few such in San Carlos. Just ask around.

Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2015 06:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
aloha

Mana: 
longtimeresident,why do you always write with such authority? and your facts are usually dis-puteable. as seen on this thread. do you not feel an accountability for your words and intent? maybe you should write IMHO or something. there are newbies that read this and may believe all you write. nothing is written in stone here. for every fact,there is somebody that had a totally different experience.

Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2015 10:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
It would appear that the realtors here have no full disclosure forms, or laws, like we have in the states requiring sellers to provide all the paperwork and information needed to do property transactions. Follow this with a lack of title companies, and you will find that the "rules" are constantly changing, which is common to this country in all other forms of business also.I can only imagine how difficult it must be for the realtors to have to try to memorize all the details and answer questions on when there are over 900 listings in this area with no building or zoning laws to eliminate the variables. It took me 3 months just to find out what the true monthly HOA dues at Marina Real, and it turned out they were 3x what was advertised, this, on a buiilding that has been operating for 20 years.
So everyone's different experience and opinion makes for great fodder on the forums, even for those of us that have a long experience in Mexico and are completely bilingual.
So yes, get yourself a good notary to protect your investment with legal backup, buy cheap enough so that you will not lose too much when you sell, and have a great time in the meantime.

Last edited on Wed Dec 16th, 2015 10:55 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2015 10:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
aloha

Mana: 
nicely said :)

Posted: Wed Dec 16th, 2015 11:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Hielo

Mana: 
O.K. ...enough. Someone has to tell the truth. Baca is a member of the San Carlos "Family". Talk to somebody that has dealt with him.He does not use his knowledge to enhance his clients position. He has some kind of a god-given right to screw gringos. Beware!

Posted: Thu Dec 17th, 2015 12:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Beggin yer pardon there "iceman", but do you know something I don't know? Who pray tell, have I EVER screwed, (metaphorically speaking of course)? And yes, aren't we all part of the San Carlos "Family"?

Posted: Thu Dec 17th, 2015 02:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
aloha
Richard Baca, is a person involved in real estate here and in the U.S. for many years. Long Time Resident is a person who had been here for 30+ years, she had also been involved in real estate and banking for most of these years. Do you know who long time resident is? She speaks with authority, because she has the experience to do so, and many people here in SC are thankful for the knowledge and assistance on many many occasions. You, on the other hand are in the shadows, I do not know who aloha is, therefore who are you to speak with the tone of authority? Why would you accuse LTR for the speck in your eye?

Posted: Thu Dec 17th, 2015 02:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Any "handle" outside of those of us who use our real names , is obviously anonymous , so whilst John may know LTR and their qualifications , many of us do not.

Anonymous comments are just that ~ anonymous 

You can take 'em or leave 'em  :)

Of course does not only apply to LTR....

Posted: Thu Dec 17th, 2015 02:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Bullshipper, we would love to know who your agent was. The broker is held responsable for their agents. Most of the brokers in San Carlos, take this very seriously, and work very hard to ensure that the transfer of rights is done correctly. The offices that I know are members of the MLS, make is mandatory for a copy of the escritura, before they take a listing. I am sorry that you were involved with someone who didn't do this. It is not the norm anymore. Back in the day, many things were done on the sly, but since Sonora requires that everyone have a Real Estate License to do business here, the laws have changed, and so has the integrity of the business. I will not mention names, but some have not kept their license current.

Posted: Thu Dec 17th, 2015 02:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Ian, no offense taken. Richard Baca has called me by name many times, so I am surprised that it is not common knowledge. Have a great holiday season, I know I will.

Posted: Thu Dec 17th, 2015 03:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Ian, I have respect for anonymity, and ones right to invoke it. With it, in my opinion, comes responsibility to not use it with impunity, or to have the ability to slander or abase others whilst (I like that) stealthing.

Posted: Thu Dec 17th, 2015 03:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
aloha

Mana: 
 I have lived here long enough to know whose word to respect and ignore.I do not post to gain anybodys approval. I know who all the players on this forum are. and I know their reputations in the community etc etc. I have interacted with some. really? that I choose to remain 'anonymous',and that you choose to use your name, are both personal issues.its a forum. read by stalkers,creeps,naysayers,hackers. its the tech age. if you want to put your personal history on line to prove a point go for it. I read and post to gather info. and I am amused at those that want to be respected for their word when their reputation proceeds them. you jm and ian,may feel confident in accepting some of the posters advice. I do not, and I have the right to express my opinion,just as they express theirs with such authority. take it or leave it.  salud~

Last edited on Thu Dec 17th, 2015 03:27 pm by aloha

Current time is 12:43 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Real estate purchase Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems