San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Hotel Rental  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 12:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
aloha

Mana: 
bullshipper! hahahahahaha!! right on point ;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Hielo

Mana: 
Richard. I have my popcorn. Tell us some more good stuff about your sisters-in-law. This original poster probably hasn't heard. Your post will no doubt get some very colorful replies.

Last edited on Sat Sep 26th, 2015 02:06 am by Hielo

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 03:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Bullshipper, you say, "Catalina has made a nice living preying on the unsuspecting for decades..." So since it has been "for decades" I'm sure you won't be at any loss for words in providing us with a few examples? Your personal experience might be a good place to start.

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 04:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
MaryT, Catalina took over last year and has cleaned up the mess and filth caused by lack of maintenance by the former operators. The efforts have been in the form of paint, plumbing and electrical repairs as well as new beds and a/c units where necessary. The kitchen underwent a complete cleaning and revamp. I describe the place as eclectic and a bargain as far as beachfront accommodations go and that's what I wish to convey to the original poster. The personal attacks on Catalina only showcase those individuals bad manners.

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 05:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
thecptn (original poster in case you have pets), darbone85737 claims to have been allowed to stay at the now Playa Hotel with two dogs. This was most certainly NOT on the current General Manager's watch. She has always had a strict NO PET policy based on Guaymas and Sonora State law as pertains to hotels, so darbone85737 stay with pets must have been during the interim operators management period.

Last edited on Sat Sep 26th, 2015 05:29 am by

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 01:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Richard,
When I started to look at real estate in San Carlos in the 80's Catalina was already famous in town for good reason. Since I lived in Hermosillo, came to SC weekly, and am bilingual, both American, Canadian and Mexicans were nice enough to inform me repeatedly as to her shenanagens. 
So I and other posters here continue to pay that favor forward when someone like yourself or other family members promote her "aquired businesses" to SC virgins.
If you of all people need to know more of whats been documented in the past, or of the current civil and criminal suits against her, I suggest you march your butt down to the justice department and public records in Guaymas to study her public legacy or ask any owner who is currently suing her to get paperwork for properties purchased outright years ago.
She'll be hauled back into jail again shortly, you count on that.

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 03:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Richard, I am glad to hear she is updating but I can tell you the only reason Americans were staying there was because the old place allowed dogs. I will have to advise people on Tripadviser that that policy has changed. They will be very disappointed. I don´t know if Catalina wants American business but she might want to look at her listing on TA. It is very hard to find now that the name has changed (couldn´t she have at least called it Playa San Francisco Hotel to avoid the confusion with the other San Carlos hotel?)

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
darbone85737

Mana: 
My comment was intended to refer to the property only. I have no idea who Catalina Ordaz is, who the previous owners were or the issues surrounding their ownership. . When we book accommodations I never ask "Who owns the place" And yes, we only chose that property because (1)we were familiar with it from past years when we enjoyed the restaurant and (2) they accommodated dogs.

Last edited on Sat Sep 26th, 2015 03:37 pm by darbone85737

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 04:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
aloha

Mana: 
I am not familiar with state rules regarding pets in hotels. but I know they all allow them. well..of all the people that I know that have stayed at various accomodations,they all have their pets. I do know they pay a little extra. its mexico,richard. there are no rules if you show some cash. you should know that ;)

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 04:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Bullshipper, what an appropriate handle you chose! Your post above is ALL bull(!), but of course you know that. You also say she is going back to jail? How can one go back if one's never been there in the first place? Current lawsuits? There are none. Past, yes but all exonerated and no settlements. People like you wanting to run her down, yes, but from behind safe anonymous names like "Bullshipper". How 'bout some substance fella? Ya falla?

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 04:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
MaryT, up until about 2008 Blackie Alcantar currently of Blackie's Restaurant, was the GM of the old Fiesta Hotel. Then Catalina became the GM under the new corporation and Angel the restaurant manager. Since then until 2011 she had a strict NO PETS policy. In 2011 a usurper had her forcibly removed and the hotel went way downhill until she legally got the GM position back last year. The usurper(s) fled. Again, she instituted a strict NO PETS policy as dictated by Guaymas and Sonora hotel law and Angel is back running the restaurant which is as good as ever!

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
" its mexico,richard. there are no rules if you show some cash. you should know that "..........................and that is how the family in question, has done it for, ahh, so many years.  You know it Richard and so do most folk who have lived here for the past decades.  I am not saying I would not use them, or have not used them, just stating the obvious.

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 05:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
My nephew put her in jail a year ago and she is out on bail, stalling the criminal case.
There is a 7 year lawsuit going on between her and all of the owners of  the high rise beach Condos west of charly rock
she has been taken to court on more than one ocassion for trying to grab other retirees properties in the Bahia.
etc

Now has that info helped you or her? If so, please keep beating her dead horse.

Last edited on Sat Sep 26th, 2015 05:36 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
aloha

Mana: 
thx bullshipper. doesn't get any more transparent than that. baca..it does not matter what you say or do.no locals will EVER believe anthing good or positive regarding the ordaz clan. they ran amuck,and total financial carnage ensued. I realize you are their official spokesman,but you are only alienating the masses even more. bow out gracefully...

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 06:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Hey Mr. BS, what're you smoking dude? She has NEVER EVER been in jail or EVER been indicted, and most certainly IS NOT out on bail! So there obviously IS NO criminal case! Grabbing retirees properties In The Bahia? LIES one and ALL! San Carlos please know EVERYONE this guy, gal or it, is a TRUE BULLSHIPPER!! I'm done here!!

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 06:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
RichD

Mana: 
The Johnnie Cochrane strategy..

Deny deny deny deny deny deny.
Then add a little outrageous indignation.

Worked for O.J.

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 06:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
aloha

Mana: 
haha! well bacca,i guess thats one way of bowing out gracefully. good riddance

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 06:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
A lot of the thinking comes from releases like this. Is this true Richard? You and Gadsby are the only people that defend the family. I understand you steadfastness, but Gadfly?? They do own (the family Ordaz) the property he lives on at F St.

"It has been confirmed by various sources that yesterday afternoon Carmen Ordaz was served an arrest warrant by the Ministero Publico in Hermosillo. Also included in the arrest warrant was Javier Ordaz. All this stems from the land deal over at Punta San Antonio that goes by the name of Costa Bella.

Catalina Ordaz may also be under investigation. In the below document Scotia Bank is essentially asking for an investigation. This is undoubtedly related to the on going dispute over at the Fiesta Hotel. As more info comes in we will update these cases. These two cases are just simply the most recent in a string of land fraud and bad real estate deals that have plagued San Carlos for years. These two cases show very good reasons why San Carlos should be its own Municpio and have its own District Attorney whose mandate would be to aggressively prosecute land and real estate fraud."

Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2015 09:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
The whole time I was thinking you guys were discussing the San Carlos Plaza Hotel?!! But in fact it's the San Carlos Playa Hotel...aka Old Fiesta Hotel. Finally occurred to me you weren't speaking about a hotel on Playa Los Algodones, but rather Playa San Francisco.

I thought, Wow, the Family acquired something on Playa Los Algodones too?

Posted: Sun Sep 27th, 2015 02:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
maryt

Mana: 
I know Odwyerpw, that is why I commented about it being a stupid name. It is very confusing. Of course, maybe that is what she wanted.

Current time is 09:16 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Hotel Rental Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems