San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Property taxes  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jan 8th, 2015 07:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RichD

Mana: 
I paid property tax today.  Mine went up 10% over last year.  I guess to pay for the fountain.  Anyway, they are ready.  The office is in the Oxxo plaza where the CEA office is.  It is maybe 3 doors to the left of CEA. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Jan 9th, 2015 01:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The dollar goes up 25% and the peso bills go up 10%. Count yourself lucky that you are saving money.

Posted: Fri Jan 9th, 2015 01:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
ezmony

Mana: 
Mine went up 12% and receive a 10% "pay early discount" vs 15% last year.
So a net of 7% savings considering the peso valuation, I'm loving the fountain more every day.

Posted: Fri Jan 16th, 2015 05:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
tonyh

Mana: 
Has anyone done it this way?

Go:
http://yosoyguaymas.com/index/
>Proper Link

Then go to top, "Servicios" then "Pagos en linea"

You must have your "Clave Catastral" number,

Using the "Clave Catastral" Number,

Have in your hand your last receipt of the last payment. Enter the date of your last payment as example 19/AGO/2012, or DDMMYY

Click then you will see the tax bill. Bottom may show a discount amount.

Click button Realizar Su Pago. It takes you to a secure Bancomer site.

Pay your Tax/ Prediales. Be sure you use a card which will work in Mexico, call your bank/cardholder to tell them its a Mexico transaction, if u have a US Financial Institution

Be sure you have a printer working to print your receipt.

If problem contact Oficina de Ingresos Tel: 622-222-4285

Calle 20 y Ave 12, Guaymas

Tony
http://www.globalmedicalplans.com

Posted: Fri Jan 16th, 2015 02:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
It doesn't work.

Posted: Fri Jan 16th, 2015 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I've done it online the last three years, but haven't tried it yet this year. Coming down on Tuesday, so I'll probably just go to the office next week.

Posted: Fri Jan 16th, 2015 10:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
Doesn't the bank holding the Fideicomiso take care of the property taxes and include it in their annual service charge?.. How much are the taxes on a $75,000 - $150,000 property?

Posted: Sat Jan 17th, 2015 12:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
bombero

Mana: 
Unfortunately your trust fees having nothing to do with your taxes. They are two different costs, and each one needs to be addressed. As for your second question as to the amt. required, on the numbers you quoted, I do not know, perhaps others will. Good luck.

Posted: Sat Jan 17th, 2015 01:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ezmony

Mana: 
I think you'll ask 10 people what they are and you will get 10 different answers.

If there is a set "tax rate" I have never seen it.

Last edited on Sat Jan 17th, 2015 01:57 pm by ezmony

Posted: Sat Jan 17th, 2015 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
I know if you ask a Mexican they don't even understand the concept..Kind of like a "Fishing License" or a "Building Permit"....

Posted: Sat Jan 17th, 2015 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Fairwind, to answer your question about banks taking care of property taxes, the answer is no. There may be some banks that do that but certainly not all.

Posted: Mon Jan 19th, 2015 02:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Fairwind wrote: I know if you ask a Mexican they don't even understand the concept..Kind of like a "Fishing License" or a "Building Permit"....

what a stupid, racist statement. sure hope you are not american.

Posted: Mon Jan 19th, 2015 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
Where I live, an integrated community, none of the Mexicans I know pay "property tax"....Nor do they bother with fishing licenses or building permits..

Those things seem to be reserved for Gringos.......

Posted: Mon Jan 19th, 2015 04:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
RichD

Mana: 
You have odd friends. I know a lot of Mexican's and they pay their property taxes.

Posted: Mon Jan 19th, 2015 05:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
Living in San Carlos or other tourist towns and living in a fishing village in an Ejido situation puts us in two different worlds.....A completely different set of rules....

Posted: Mon Jan 19th, 2015 07:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Fairwind wrote: Living in San Carlos or other tourist towns and living in a fishing village in an Ejido situation puts us in two different worlds.....A completely different set of rules....

You didn't pass the idiot test on your last post and still want to keep digging your foxhole deeper?
The laws pertain to all Mexicans, and all those living within their borders with their permission, and anyone's permission can be revoked, especially those few racisits that like to stir the pot.

Posted: Mon Jan 19th, 2015 07:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
The 600 people who live in Choyudo and Tastiota have never seen a property tax agent, a fishing license or a building permit....

Posted: Mon Jan 19th, 2015 08:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
You better read up on the obligations and rights of farming ejidos and fishing cooperativos in Mexico, and how Mexico has been in the process of settling property lines in order to produce deeds for both over the last 20 years.
With a deed they can actually own, buy, sell and pay taxes for their land and fishing rights, if they actually get them, that were conceeded to them with few obligations.
After that, we will see if these poor can actually produce enough income to pay their taxes, but in the meantime them working their grants is the only way they can support themselves as their social security and welfare system is not as generous as most nations north of them.
But please do your part to educate them on the laws of Mexico. I am sure your eloquence and deep knowledge of the subject will continue to shame them into paying taxes for ground they still do not own.

Posted: Tue Jan 20th, 2015 12:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Fairwind, ejidos are a different animal but only a small percentage of Mexicans live in an ejido. Your statement that all Mexicans ignore property tax is untrue and might lead others to think that only Gringos pay taxes. Hopefully people will realize you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited on Tue Jan 20th, 2015 12:45 am by RichD

Posted: Tue Jan 20th, 2015 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
I have some friends in Hermosillo and Kino..I'll have to ask them if and how they pay property taxes....Yeah, maybe I've been out in the boondocks too long....Sorry to have caused such an uproar.....

Current time is 09:19 am Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Property taxes Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems